Barossa Shiraz Gin and Plum Crumble
Sugar, spice, and everything nice. Christmas Day is sorted with this delicious dessert.
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time 65 Minutes
- Serves 6 People
- Ripe plums 1kg, halved and stoned
- Light muscovado sugar 1 tbsp
- Cornflour 1 tbsp
- Barossa Shiraz Gin 100ml
- Crumble Topping
- Plain flour 225g
- Cold butter 125g, diced
- Mixed spice ½ tsp
- Ground cinnamon ½ tsp
- Light muscovado sugar 50g
- Demerara sugar 50g
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas. Tip the plums into a baking dish and sprinkle over the muscovado sugar and cornflour. Mix together well, then drizzle over the Barossa Shiraz Gin, plus 2 tbsp of water. Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the fruit is cooking, make the topping by putting the flour in a mixing bowl and use your fingers to rub through the butter until all the big chunks have disappeared and the mix is crumbly. Stir through the mixed spice, cinnamon and both brown sugars with a pinch of salt.
- Remove the foil from the fruit and increase the oven temp to 200C/fan 180C/gas. Scatter the crumble topping over the plums, then cook for another 30 minutes until it’s golden and crisp.
- Let the crumble sit for 5 minutes before serving, then serve with vanilla ice cream or ice-cold single cream.