Miss Maple Gin Cocktail
This has become one of our favorite Gin cocktails at the Distillery. The Vermouth and Maple Syrup create a perfect balance of sweet and dry and when combined with the Gin, it becomes a delicious Gin cocktail perfect for any occasion.
Like anything, the quality of the ingredients you use will have a big impact on the final product.
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Serves 1 People
- 45ml Generations Gin
- 10ml Adelaide Hills Dry Vermouth (or another quality Dry Vermouth)
- 10ml Real Canadian Maple Syrup
- A ‘cheek’ or 2cm diameter disc of orange peel
- A lighter or match
- 1 Cinnamon Quill
- Rocks glass & Ice
- 1/2 fill your Rocks glass with ice.
- Measure and pour the Gin, Vermouth and Maple Syrup over the ice
- Stir well to combine all 3.
- You can now get a bit flash by ‘expressing’ the Orange over the glass. Cut a cheek/2cm disc of peel from the orange. Warm it with a flame, being careful not to singe any fingers. When it has started to release the oils, squeeze the cheek in the direction of the flame over the top of the glass. The oils will spray out and ignite in a short burst of flame. Drop the orange in the glass and look very smug that you did not burn yourself!
- The final stage is to position the Cinnamon Quill, in the glass and give it all a quick swirl. Serve and enjoy!