Barossa Shiraz Gin Brownie
BOOZY BROWNIES ANYONE?! This quick and easy shiraz gin brownie recipe is a crowd pleaser, combining two of the more perfect things in life – chocolate and gin! Add our Barossa Shiraz Gin to your brownie mix to create the ultimate boozy treat!
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Cook Time 25 Minutes
- 85 g or ½ cup dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter + extra for greasing pan
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) Barossa Distilling Shiraz Gin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- Melt butter and chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave (use a microwave safe bowl. Melt for 25 seconds. Whisk. Repeat process until everything has melted and you have a smooth chocolate-butter mixture).
- Add sugar and whisk well.
- Add the Barossa Distilling Shiraz Gin, mix and check if the mixture has cooled down.
- Add the two eggs to the cooled down mixture (if the mixture is warm, the eggs could get partially cooked).
- Whisk the eggs into the mixture. Add the flour in two batches and again, mix well to make a uniform batter.
- Transfer the batter to a greased pan and bake at 180°C. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a fork inserted comes out ALMOST clean.
- Cool on a wired rack for about 15 minutes.