MISS MAPLE GIN BANANA BREAD
Our Miss Maple Gin Liqueur is a winter warmer like no other, and we can’t think of a better way to enjoy it than with a Boozy Banana Bread with a Maple Gin syrup.
SERVINGS: 12 slices
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour
- Banana Bread:
- 2 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (not baking powder)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten.
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of Miss Maple Gin Liqueur
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Miss Maple Gin Liqueur
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and butter an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Mash the ripe bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in the melted butter.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients. Mix in baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, maple syrup and Miss Maple Gin Liqueur. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (small crumbs are fine).
- To create the Miss Maple Gin Syrup bring sugar and water to low heat. Once the sugar is dissolved, add Miss Maple Gin Liqueur and simmer on low until it reaches a syrup consistency.
- Pour syrup directly over the Banana Bread fresh out of the oven and let it soak in, or put it aside to reheat and pour it on as you eat the Banana Bread. If you are saving the syrup for later, add a squeeze of lemon to the syrup when cooking to stop the sugar from crystallizing later.