Miss Maple Glazed Christmas Ham
If you’re looking for a twist on a Christmas Day classic – or a boozy boxing day treat – look no further than this Miss Maple Glazed Christmas Ham.
Using our Miss Maple Gin Liqueur, this sticky gin and maple glaze will be a delectable addition to your Christmas Ham that will have your guests coming back for more.
- Serves 6 People
- 7-8kg whole-leg ham
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of Miss Maple Gin Liqueur
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Whole cloves
- Firstly preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan-forced.
- Then using a sharp knife, score the ham fat (not the flesh) in a grid pattern at 2cm wide intervals. Insert a clove into the centre of each square of fat.
- Wrap the ham hock in foil (this prevents it from burning). Place the ham on a greased rack in a large baking dish lined with foil.
- To make the glaze, combine all remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring, over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Then brush the ham two to three times with the glaze to evenly coat the ham fat. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, brushing with remaining glaze every 15 minutes until ham is golden and caramelised.
- Finally, set aside to cool for 30 minutes. Slice and serve.