SHIRAZ GIN JELLY SLICE
Nothing says Aussie dessert like a Jelly Slice, except maybe one that has Barossa Shiraz Gin in it! This classic no-bake slice recipe takes the festivities one step further with a splash of our Shiraz Gin in the jelly layer. To top it off, it’s super easy to make!
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour
- BISCUIT BASE
- 1 packet of Yo-Yo biscuits
- 170 g of Butter
- 3/4 cup of Boiling Water
- 1 dessert spoon of Gelatine
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 tin of Condensed Milk
- GIN JELLY
- 1 packet of Strawberry Jelly
- 1 cup of Boiling water
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Gelatine
- 1/2 cup of Barossa Shiraz Gin
- 1/4 cup of Cold Water
- Firstly begin by crushing entire packet of Yo-Yo Biscuits and combining them in a bowl with melted butter.
- Then press biscuit mix into a slice pan and place into the refrigerator to cool while making filling mix.
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling water and mix all filling ingredients well together and pour into the slice tray on top of the biscuit base.
- Once the filling layer is almost set begin making your gin jelly layer.
- Add your packet of Strawberry Jelly and gelatine to a bowl and add the bowling water.
- Stir until all crystals dissolve and all Barossa Shiraz Gin and cold water.
- Allow jelly mix to cool until luke warm. Once your filling layer is set, pour on the jelly mix. Pour slowly onto a spoon to ensure your jelly doesn't melt the filling layer.
- Once completely set, cut into pieces and serve.