You can buy from a bottle shop but it is very simple to make yourself. Mix 1 cup (240ml) water with 1 cup (200g) white sugar. Combine in a medium saucepan, bring to the boil stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Decant and cool. Once bottled it will keep for at least a few weeks.
Maggie Collins Cocktail
This is our Barossa slant on a cocktail classic, the Tom Collins. It’s wonderfully refreshing and dangerously drinkable, perfect for afternoons! Technically we have taken this from a traditional Collins in the direction of a Gin Fizz, but lets not let technicalities get in the way of a good cocktail.
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Serves 1 People
- 50ml Generations Gin (you could use other Citrus driven Gin’s but why compromise!)
- 15ml Maggie Beer Verjuice
- 15ml Bickford’s Lime
- 15ml Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 15ml Simple Sugar Syrup*
- 2 Dashes of Orange Bitters (Optional, but adds a depth of flavor)
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Put 3-4 cubes of ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Add a couple of dashes of Orange Bitters, followed by Gin, Verjuice, Lime juice, Lemon juice and Sugar Syrup.
- Do your best Bryan Brown/Tom Cruise impression and give the shaker a really good shake.
- Part fill your glass with ice (Collins or High Ball glasses work well, but any glass will do)
- Strain the contents of your shaker, except the ice, into your glass.
- Add soda water to taste and garnish with the mint
- Put your feet up and enjoy in the afternoon sun
*Simple Sugar Syrup